FoodWords Between Deadlines 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


FoodWords on hold!
I've suspended the regular email newsletter FoodWords while I search for a new list host. Until then, bookmark this site or add to your favorites, and visit often. I'll post a note when I have a relaunch date for the newsletter. Thanks!

 

Monday, May 30

 
The 100-Calorie-Count Snack

Here's something I just saw in the store yesterday: a new product that repackages a popular snack food into 100-calorie portions.

In other words, you can eat the contents of one pouch and get no more than 100 calories. It's a new snack trend that forces portion control onto snacking, so people can indulge without guilt.

The snacks are either smaller versions of the original snack, or, as in the case of Oreos, a reformulated version that has some of the hallmarks of the original but in a different form.

It's okay -- but they aren't sold individually. They come boxed in multipacks, although I didn't see how many pouches come to a box.

Maybe it's the answer for people who faithfully track their calories every day. I think I'll just stick to Goldfish, thanks.





This page is powered by Blogger.