FoodWords Between Deadlines 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


FoodWords on hold!
I've suspended the regular email newsletter FoodWords while I search for a new list host. Until then, bookmark this site or add to your favorites, and visit often. I'll post a note when I have a relaunch date for the newsletter. Thanks!

 

Wednesday, May 25

 
Haute Dogs in New York

For my money, I would still rather have a brat slathered with Secret Stadium Sauce at the old Milwaukee County Stadium. but if I get a hunger for a hot dog on my next trip to NYC, I'll know where to get one.

This story in today's New York Times (registration required) runs the gamut from Nathan's Famous at Coney Island to $19-a-pop dogs made with Kobe beef. Thankfully, reporter Ed Levine knows his franks well enough not to mislead by the Hamptons-ization of this most American of foods. (FDR and Eleanor served them to the English Royal Family when they visited the U.S. in the 1930s).

Lots of good information and oddball facts to be found here.





This page is powered by Blogger.