FoodWords Between Deadlines 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


FoodWords on hold!
I've suspended the regular email newsletter FoodWords while I search for a new list host. Until then, bookmark this site or add to your favorites, and visit often. I'll post a note when I have a relaunch date for the newsletter. Thanks!

 

Tuesday, July 27

 
FoodWords Between Deadlines is back up and running!

If you're as old as I am -- the first generation of newspaper writers who worked solely on computers and never with typewriters -- you heard that phrase, "back up and running," a lot. Mainly because the mainframe computer system your company was using either crashed a lot (usually on deadline) or had to be taken down at least once a day for maintenance or whatever other secretive reasons the IT guys for interrupting your work routine.

It has been a long time -- 25 years, omigod -- since I first sat down at a desk in a real newsroom and heard that deathless phrase broadcast over the loudspeaker. But it sticks with me. So today, I proudly announce that FoodWords The Blog is back up and running after a lengthy hiatus. Is anybody out there?

I recently left a wonderful staff gig writing for Anne Holland at MarketingSherpa in order to deal with some family issues. But, seeing as I'm continuing on as an occasional contributor to EmailSherpa, and I'm at the computer, anyway, and I'm still getting all my usual food news via email, I thought I'd put my time to good use and see how we  can build up the ol' blog.

Hey, guess what! Since the last time I posted here, I've acquired an RSS feed! Wahoo! We're totally out there now. Here it is: http://www.foodwords.blogspot.com/atom.xml

I am still hoping to revive my newsletter, but for now, start looking for new, notable, goofy or otherwise comment-worthy food news beginning Wednesday, July 28.






This page is powered by Blogger.